Thursday, May 15, 2014

Best Birthday Present Ever?

Today I turned 40 years old. Last night while thinking to myself about what kind of present would I give myself today.

The only present that would make any sense, and meant much not only to me but to those around me, is to quit smoking.

Sounds wonderful, does it not?!

The problem is, as you may very well know, quitting smoking some times is easier said than done. I am however filled with a new sort of confidence which I have never felt before, that this time around I will be successful.

I will try to explain in detail where did this confidence came from. But for now I am leaving you with a thought that quitting smoking has much to do with the fear of the future. It had to do with the fear about tomorrow, next week or perhaps even next year.

I am trying to narrow down this "fear", or "worry" to today... even to this hour and perhaps to this very minute.

Happy Birthday to me!



No comments:

Post a Comment